Mohawk Archery Club’s History
The club was started by five people in January 1956. Storer, the band director at Lincoln School, had been shooting in tournaments for several years and became the motivating force in forming the club. His interest in archery extended even further. He had a feather business that processed turkey feathers for use on arrows, and became the main supplier for Bear Archery and Ben Pearson. Other founding members were Ray Luehman, Emmet Johnson, Roy Bilyeu and Jim Fitzgerald. One year after the club was organized, membership grew to over 20, and there was a junior organization called the Robin Hood Club which grew to over 60 youngsters.
Mohawk Archery Club is still going strong after over 50 years. Every year, the club holds many 3D and target tournaments. These are both indoor and outdoor and public is always welcome.
© 2017 Mohawk Archery Club
Site Created by Bill Carberry, Mohawk Archery Club member 2009 to present.
All rights Reserved.
Site updates by: Bill Carberry